Compliance and RegTech Innovation – Manager
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about smarter and intuitive disruptions to the world of compliance in the FinTech space. Our focus is to empower the 628 million small and medium enterprises in Asia with easier access to fairer business and financial solutions. Drop us a note and we’d be happy to share more over a conversation.
5-7 years experience in financial services compliance.
In the FinTech, Payments or Corporate/SME Banking sectors.
Experience or knowledge in onboarding/operational processes.
Having experience or knowledge working with digital or innovative solutions/products a huge bonus.
Familiarity with the Payments Services Act and/or cross-border transactions.
Ability to demonstrate expertise or interest in disruptive methods, technology, systems to the status quo, particularly to how compliance, KYC, RegTech need to evolve.
A track record of measurable performance should accompany your application – minimization of false positives and risk; adoption of new tech or processes, reduction of turn around time and drop out rate of customers/clients.
Can demonstrate ability to work with front office and Product teams.
Experience with startups is another bonus.
An open mind and willingness to experiment.
Based in Singapore with willingness to travel depending on the future state of the pandemic.
• Design and implement regulatory and compliance framework to ensure compliance with regulatory obligations including enterprise risk assessment.
• Implement Compliance controls and risk management activities
• Provide Compliance advice to internal stakeholders from other departments and Management Team
• Conduct awareness briefing and staff training on regulatory requirements, compliance policy and procedures
• Keep abreast of the latest regulatory developments that would impact digibanks and fintech
• Participate in industry forums or discussion platforms to understand similar regulatory challenges for the development of best practices and guidelines across the industry as a whole
• Participate in the development of business tools/products as Compliance subject matter Expertise.
Anti-Money Laundering /Counter-Terrorist Financing Compliance
• Ensure the regulated entity comply with all applicable AML laws.
• Identify and detect any AML/CTF red flags during the customer onboarding/periodic process as well as payment process where Compliance is part of the process workflow.
• Investigate and providing analysis of any suspicious transactions in accordance with current AML/CTF regulations
• Ensure timely filing of STRs to the relevant local authorities and updated register of STRs
• Maintain the internal Block List for name screening to ensure it is updated
• Escalate high risk customers onboarding and periodic reviews to Board of Directors for approvals
• Provide advice/recommendation to Board of Directors for the AML/CTF risk management of customer accounts
• Conduct KYB due diligence on the regulated entity’s payment partners / partner banks in accordance with the regulatory requirements
• Oversee the appropriate record keeping standard and requirement under the regulated entity’s AML/CTF policy and manual
• Produce an annual AML/CTF assessment report for Board of Directors, including recommending appropriate actions to address any identified risks
• Anticipate and adopt changes in AML/CTF regulatory regime by implementing the appropriate changes with policy and process owners of other departments.
• Participate in the implementation of a reliable third party automated transaction monitoring tool for the regulated entity
• As the MASNET Liaison Officer to ensure the regulated entity receives MAS communications and/or updates for timely dissemination of information to Management Team/Board of Directors
• Monitor the regulatory reporting requirements to ensure timely submission to the MAS
• Prepare and submit regulatory reports and filing as required by the regulated entity
• Manage regulatory relationship with the MAS, law enforcement and other government bodies and agencies on regulatory and licensing matters.
• Respond to audits and regulatory assessments and remediate any issues identified from report findings
[What do you get]
A competitive package ties to your performance – we are looking for an entrepreneur mindset.
The position to have real impact on our business strategy and the broader community.
As a fast growing startup with international expansion in mind, you will have ample room for growth and learning and to work with a culturally diverse team.
We are looking for someone interested in growing into a leadership position within the organization who enjoys working with our team of various backgrounds and nationalities!