OCBC Bank is the longest established Singapore bank, formed in 1932 from the merger of three local banks, the oldest of which was founded in 1912. It is now the second-largest financial services group in Southeast Asia by assets and one of the world’s most highly-rated banks, with Aa1 by Moody’s and AA- by both Fitch and S&P. Recognised for its financial strength and stability, OCBC Bank is consistently ranked among the World’s Top 50 Safest Banks by Global Finance and has been named Best Managed Bank in Singapore by The Asian Banker.
Finance / Business Analyst for O&T Financial Control, AVP
The new hire should possess strong analytical skills to be able to contribute effectively amongst the various duties in this role:
- Prepare periodic variance analysis reports on Operations & Technology costing.
- Work with the department coordinators and Finance team to substantiate variances between actual, rolling forecast and budgeted.
- Understand unit costing and perform analysis on variances between actual, budgeted, and standard unit costs.
- Perform impact analysis by applying scenario tools to cost
- Understand and explore ways for improvement of cost allocation.
- Provide support to costing review with Business Units.
- Provide required MIS support during OP exercise, or ad-hoc to Operations & Technology departments as required.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects and assignments relating to financials
- A good university degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent.
- Working experience and knowledge in Management reporting, or working in analytical roles in the financial industry will be an advantage.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge in Excel Power BI, Power Query, or other visualization or database-related tools will be an advantage.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team