Step 1: Find out more by joining the information sessions on the following dates and time
Students who enrol in the NUS-FinTechSG Programme will undergo a structured two-month intensive full-time course on the fundamentals of FinTech and business, subsequent programming concepts, as well as knowledge and development tools used in the FinTech industry. They can apply for a optional full-time traineeship of between nine to 12 months with leading financial institutions and companies such as UBS, Razer, and Bank of Singapore, which are expected to offer career paths based on merit.
Why Join Our Program?
- Attain professional certification and have a optional Traineeship in FinTech
- Acquire highly sought FinTech skills through a structured 2 months intensive full time course with NUS
- 9-12 months Full Time traineeship with leading Financial Institutions / Companies
- Fully Funded (For Eligible Students)
Hear from the Students!
Industry Experts Sentiment on FinTechSG
You will receive an email asking for you to book an interview slot with us.
Successful applicants will receive further information from NUS
Tech Talk – The Hype versus Reality of the Impact of FinTech on Law
Frequently Asked Questions
The NUS FinTechSG Programme is a optional traineeship* program designed to enhance the competitiveness of the Singapore FinTech Industry. The program is jointly developed by National University Singapore (NUS) School of Computing (SoC) and AI Singapore, in consultation with experts in innovation and FinTech from UBS Bank, RIPPLE, World Economic Forum, Bank of New York Mellon (Fees may apply).
(*Note: Do note that our Programme don't commit any placement in a Traineeship company.)
The program structure by concept is as indicated below.
NUS/Industry - 1 week
WHY: FinTech, Blockchain and Business Basics
- Concepts, Cases and Technology Comparison
- Hands on Technology Comparison
- Tools Selection for the Problem Statement
- Design Thinking
- Capstone Project Prep
NUS - 7 weeks
HOW: Programming and Development
SOC Executive Education
- Exploration of Projects
- Project Management Tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Foundations of Finance and IT
- Financial Products Understanding Risk
- Programming Fundamentals
- APIs & Automation
- Database, Network, Blockchain Tools
- Security and DevOps
Partner Companies - 9 to 12 months
- Min. 9 Month internship with Partner Companies on predefined Project
- Provide hands-on practice and development of Blockchain
- Monthly Traineeship stipend
- Capstone projects Real life exposure working with corporates and governments
- Encourage Partner Companies to offer conversion on completion
There are a total of 9 roles available. The general description of each roles are as follows:
- Front End Developer
- Back End Developer
- Security Engineer
- Database Engineer
- Graphic Designer
- Automation Engineer
- Quality Lead
- Change Manager
- Project Manager
During the current COVID-19 situation, courses will be conducted virtually. The traineeship mode will be further decided by the hosting company.
All are welcome to sign up for the NUS FinTechSG Programme. However, priority will be given to 2019 and 2020 graduates who have been affected by the Covid-19 situation.
Yes, everyone is welcome. Funding is available for local Singaporeans and PR only. International students are welcome to join the program as well. For further clarification on the funding eligibility for international students, please write in to email@example.com.
Is this FinTech Programme suitable for people who are having a full time job and wants to up skill themselves with FinTech knowledge?
We've made the course to be very hands on and ideally, someone with a full-time job can work with their employer to:
- Take 2 weeks at the beginning of the course for the immersion portion. This is critical to learn "WHY" Fintech and connect into the FinTech ecosystem
- For the rest of the course work out that you can take 2 or 3 days per week for class (perhaps adjust work hours)
- Discuss how you can apply your learning to your work
Through the program, you will be able to:
- Attain professional certification in FinTech
- Develop FinTech specific skills through doing FinTech Projects during Traineeship program
- Receive monthly stipend during the program
Moreover, the program will be fully funded for NUS students graduating in 2020 (For eligible students).
If you are interested in the program, you can click here to sign up for the program.
No, it is not required for our trainees to self source for any companies for the traineeship program. After the 2 months intensive course, the NUS FinTech Lab will coordinate the participants for interview sessions with our partnering companies.
However, we welcome trainees to introduce their companies to us should they be keen to take part in our programme as hosting companies.
Can I withdraw from the program if I am unable to continue due to unforeseen circumstances? Will there be any penalty?
Withdrawals will be handled on a case-by-case basis. In the event where you have secured full time employment with another organization while in the course of pursuing this Programme with us, you are to notify us and the hosting company at least 14 days in advance prior to withdrawing from this Programme. Unless otherwise agreed, there will be no refund for Programme fees and other ancillary fees paid. Virtual vouchers under the NUS RGI utilised for this Programme shall be deemed to have been consumed. If the withdrawal is prior to the commencement of the Programme, the application for use of SkillsFuture Credit can be cancelled.
After the 2 months intensive course, trainees will then be interviewed by our partnering companies for the traineeship program. If a trainee receives multiple offers from different companies, the trainee will be able to select their ideal company based on their preferences.
If you secure a job before completing all 3 of the professional certificate, the unused virtual voucher will be returned to you so that you can further your knowledge in the future.
For further enquiries about our program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.