(Find out more on 25 November 2020, 3pm)
The NUS FinTechSG Programme is a programme that aims to assist fresh graduates and newly experienced industry professionals upskill and learn about the domain of Financial Technology (FinTech), and then port over their skill sets into the industry in the form of internships and subsequently, full time jobs.
It is jointly developed by National University of Singapore (NUS) School of Computing (SoC) and AI Singapore, in consultation with experts in innovation and FinTech from UBS, RIPPLE, World Economic Forum, Bank of New York Mellon.
Why Join Our Program?
- Develop and acquire hard to find young FinTech talent
- Enable FinTech Transformation and Capability
- Funding under SGUnited Traineeships Programme
- Bring their own projects and bring on a team to deliver it
- Companies can be from any industry
FinTech In Singapore
Grants & Funding
SGUnited Traineeships Programme
The SGUnited Traineeships programme aims to provide up to 21,000 traineeship opportunities lasting up to 12 months to those who have recently graduated or will soon be graduating in 2019 and 2020. By participating in the SGUnited Traineeships Programme, host companies can gain access to a pool of fresh talent and be able to recruit experienced trainees when hiring picks up.
Information: Click here to find out more about the funding program.
Funding: The Government will be co-funding 80% of the training allowance.
(Subject to terms and conditions*)
After confirmation, the company will sign a MOU with the NUS FinTech Lab to official join the NUS FinTechSG Program as our partnering company
Frequently Asked Questions
The NUS FinTechSG Programme is a optional traineeship* program designed to enhance the competitiveness of the Singapore FinTech Industry. The program is jointly developed by National University Singapore (NUS) School of Computing (SoC) and AI Singapore, in consultation with experts in innovation and FinTech from UBS Bank, RIPPLE, World Economic Forum, Bank of New York Mellon (Fees may apply).
(*Note: Do note that our Programme don't commit any placement in a Traineeship company.)
The program structure by concept is as indicated below.
Data and Artificial Intelligence Literacy - 1 Month
- Making Fast Decisions with Business Analytics
- Optimizing Customers Experience with FinTech Strategy
- Using Business Analytics to Answer Business Questions
- Fundamentals of Investing Leveraging Technology
NUS/Industry - 2 week
WHY: FinTech, Blockchain and Business Basics
- Concepts, Cases and Technology Comparison
- Hands on Technology Comparison
- Tools Selection for the Problem Statement
- Design Thinking
NUS - 7 weeks
HOW: Programming and Development
SOC Executive Education
- Exploration of Projects
- Project Management Tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Foundations of Finance and IT
- Financial Products Understanding Risk
- Programming Fundamentals
- Frontend and Backend
- APIs & RPA Automation
- Database, Network, Blockchain Tools
- Security and DevOps
- Algo Trading
Partner Companies - 6 months
WHAT: Traineeship (Optional*)
- Min. 6 Month internship with Partner Companies on predefined Project
- Provide hands-on practice and development of Blockchain
- Monthly Traineeship stipend by the sponsored companies
- Capstone projects Real life exposure working with corporates and governments
- Encourage Partner Companies to offer conversion on completion
There are a total of 9 roles available. The general description of each roles are as follows:
- Front End Developer
- Back End Developer
- Security Engineer
- Database Engineer
- Graphic Designer UI/UX
- Automation Engineer
- Quality Lead
- Adoption/ Change Manager
- Project Manager
- Business Analyst
During the current COVID-19 situation, courses will be conducted virtually. The traineeship mode will be further decided by the hosting company.
Yes, all host companies that fulfill the following criteria will be eligible:
- Registered or incorporated in Singapore with a UEN # regardless of their industry
- To offer traineeship between 9 to 12 months
- Provided clear Traineeships Development Plans such as involvement in FinTech projects implementation and executions.
- Co-fund 20% of the training allowance for the duration of the traineeship (Applicable for Singaporean and PR)
Through the program, your company will be able to:
- Develop young aspiring FinTech talent.
- Enable FinTech Transformation and Capability.
- Generate new FinTech projects
- Bring in a team of people to deliver and build their projects
There are government fundings available from the SGUnited Traineeships Programme for Trainees. Click here to find out more about the funding program.
No. As this is a training programme, and there is no employment relationship between the trainees and host companies, host companies do not need to pay CPF. However, we do not restrict companies to provide CPF contributions to the trainees out of goodwill.
Will the host companies need to provide Annual and Sick Leave entitlements to the trainee during the programme period?
It is highly advisable to provide equal entitlements to the trainee in compliance with the company’s and MOM hiring policy.
During the course of the SGUnited Traineeships Programme, can a Host Company terminate the traineeship?
It is not advisable for Company to have pre-mature termination. However, in the event of unforeseen circumstances or unsuitable trainee fit, host companies should consult the NUS FinTech Lab for a joint decision.
Yes, host companies can offer their trainees with a full-time role, if they find the individual’s performance satisfactory. When a full-time position is offered by the host company, the traineeship should be terminated before entering any employer-employee relationship. Host companies will then need to inform SBF of this development and when the formal full-time employment arrangement will begin. Government funding for the training allowance will only be provided during the duration of the fulfilled traineeship. (The funding will be stopped once the company has converted the trainee to a full time employee)
Host companies can offer a traineeship between 9 to 12 months.
Companies that want to join the program as a host company can click here to sign up.
Ideally, the traineeship will commerce upon completion of the professional certificate level 3. However, the company may write in to the FinTech project coordinator seeking for early commencement of the traineeship along with the justification.
The company can start to curate the project assigned to the trainee upon successful onboarding of the NUS FinTechSG programme after signing the MOU agreement.
It is not required for companies to self-source any trainees for the program.The FinTech Lab will coordinate internally to provide the required number of trainees and shall invite for a joint interview session to screen the trainees. In the event the company has any suitable candidates, the company can write in to the FinTech Lab coordinate to request for the trainee to be placed under the program.
Ideally, after the participants 2 months intensive course, The FinTech Lab will be sending participants to be interviewed by participating companies. Companies will then be able to select their ideal candidates and vice versa, the trainee will have the ability to choose the ideal company that offered the traineeship program to them. For further clarification, please write in to email@example.com.
$2568 (Before government subsidy)
= $0 ✔
For further enquiries about our program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.