Backend Engineer (Java 8 or Java 11, Python, GoLang)
We are looking for highly motivated, self-starting, world-class backend developers to take a leading role in engineering our data processing and back-office systems.
About the job:
As an early hire, you’ll have significant input into the direction of our backend development.
• Code greenfield solutions on customer-facing and backend systems.
• Add new features to existing code.
• Refactor and update our systems for improved technology use and efficiency.
• Expand and architect systems to work effectively across widely separated compute and storage clusters.
• You’ll be interacting with product development, risk, fraud, and systems to keep our products up to date, secure and effective.
• Our technology stack is based on Java 8 with Spring on the backend, AngularJS, Java/Kotlin, and Swift/Objective-C on the frontend/app. We run on Kubernetes and automate as much as we can.
We aren’t religious about our tools and we’ll readily adopt new techniques if they can help produce a more effective product.
The work is interesting and challenging. With few legacy systems to deal with, this is a fantastic opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and to help develop our backend infrastructure.
• Have a Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science / Math’s / Physics or similar from a leading University
• You will need to be proactive and bright, able to build effective systems quickly and correctly, act on your own initiative and help grow the team and both yours and our capabilities at considerable speed.
• Good working knowledge of Spring, Kubernetes, distributed systems and algorithmics, SQL (and database systems more generally), microservices, python and the git revision control system.
• Ideally you would have experience of working in development, however we will consider graduate applications.
• Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
• We’d like you to have a good working knowledge of app development, of computer science concepts, python, and some design expertise would be useful.
• Payment and financial systems experience would be helpful but is not essential