Beep is a venture-backend fintech platform creating the future of unattended payments.
We have created intuitive mobile payment experiences in Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong, facilitating millions of transactions for our customers through our platform.
Beyond that, we’ve also powered nationwide initiatives, including:
• Distributing over 25 million masks through Temasek’s StayMasked campaign (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTsLey7PjaM)
• Dispensing over 3.5 million COVID-19 saliva test kits for Hong Kong’s Department of Health.
• Enabling unattended TraceTogether Token replacements for Singapore’s Smart Nation Digital Government Office & GovTech.
But this is only the beginning; we are currently partnering with major brands, government bodies and healthcare providers across various physical verticals to help them deliver more seamless customer journeys, whilst optimising their operations through data and analytics.
Backend Software Engineer
As a Backend Software Engineer, you will help to construct a highly scalable and performant platform for revolutionary new solutions in Electric Vehicle Charging, Vending, and more.
What we offer:
• High levels of autonomy, responsibility, and project ownership from the outset.
• Competitive remuneration and great corporate equipment for hybrid work (MacBooks 😎)
• Opportunities to work on projects that have impact at the national and regional level.
• Exposure to industries like Electric Vehicles, Fintech/Payments, Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG).
• Design, develop, test and deploy high-quality software that powers user-facing features
• Create APIs and frameworks that support innovative applications on Beep’s platform
• Liaising with banks, payment gateways and other entities for integration
• Work with other engineers and product managers to build products
• Raise the bar by reviewing each other’s code, share knowledge, tips and tricks, and generally help out – within and across teams. This may include pair programming.
• A degree, diploma or equivalent practical experience in computer science or related fields.
• Prior experience working with and managing Relational (preferably PostgreSQL) databases.
Optional but preferable skills:
• Familiarity with DevOps and Cloud deployment tools such as Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP is a plus.
• Knowledge of how to optimize and tune server performance (caching, SQL)
• Hands-on experience with Linux environments